Pew Research Center has put together an article detailing what brands need to know about using social media in 2021. Here’s a compilation of the main points you need to know:
• Seven in 10 Americans use social media.
• YouTube is the most popular social media platform, followed by Facebook.
• Outside of YouTube and Facebook, most platforms have not seen much growth since 2019.
• The majority of 18-29-year-olds use Instagram, Snapchat and/or TikTok.
• Older demographics can typically be found on Facebook and YouTube.
• Instagram is the most popular platform among BIPOC communities.
• A majority of social media users visit their favorite platform daily.