Reducing your carbon footprint goes beyond recycling in your home. Some tips to think green while grocery shopping:
– Use reusable produce bags when buying produce. You’ll wash your fruits and vegetables when you get home anyway, so you can skip the plastic bags.
– Look for locally sourced produce and meats, which would reduce emissions during transportation.
– Bring your own containers to purchase bulk items like rice, pasta, rolled oats and nuts.
– Look for the number 1 or 2 in the center of the recycling symbol, which indicates that they’re easy to recycle, on items that are typically packaged in plastic.
– Destynee Bush, The Tampa Bay 100